INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF PSYCHOLOGISTS SEARCH FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL
ICP, Inc. is nonprofit corporation organized exclusively for educational and scientific purposes. Established in 1941, its purpose is to advance psychology and the application of its scientific findings throughout the world. ICP, Inc. members are committed to furthering world peace, promoting human rights and enabling collaboration among mental health professionals and social scientists, globally. The mission of ICP is:
- To advance the science and practice of psychology and to support the use of psychological knowledge to promote social health and justice;
- To contribute to world peace and human rights for all peoples by helping to empower under-represented ethnic and culturally diverse groups;
- To encourage global wellness through promotion and integration of health and mental health services globally, and
- To foster international professional development, networking, communication, mentoring and friendship among psychologists and allied mental health professionals and social scientists.
Position: ICP, Inc. is seeking a Secretary General. This is an appointed position (by the Board of Directors)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Maintain Secretariat activities of ICP. This includes:
- Communications clearinghouse and information dissemination among general members, directors of the board and interface agencies
- Maintaining the ICP membership database
- Managing a listserv or other communication channel of the EC and board
- Maintaining association files and records including operating procedures, newsletters, annual reports, membership directory, updating letterhead annually,
- Maintaining archival materials to be housed at the University of Akron
- Coordinating web and other media and social media services (e.g., in collaboration with the Web Editor, Newsletter Editor, Webinar Coordinator, etc)
In coordination with the Secretary provide support for Board and membership meetings, including
- Acting as secretary for all meetings of the EC, board and annual membership meeting
- Conducting voting procedures
- Issuing a call for agenda items, preparing the agenda (in collaboration with the President), and distributing the agenda and supporting materials for board meetings
- Providing material to the President on association activities for the Annual Report
- Managing the call for nominations for board vacancies and the election process in coordination with the Elections Chair
In coordination with the Treasurer, manage financial activities, including
- Maintaining and monitoring Banking including signatory powers for bank accounts
- Filing annual incorporation reports including IRS filing
- Dues collection, including annual statements to members
- Assisting the treasurer in developing an annual operating budget
In coordination with Standing Committee Chairs, support activities and initiatives, including:
- Providing support to the President and representing ITC on the President’s behalf
- Providing support during the annual conference as authorized by the President.
- Coordinating procurement of materials (e.g., award plaques, certificates and award statues; membership certificates; annual meeting attendance certificates) with the respective Standing Committee Chairs
In coordination with the President and Board of Directors, support strategic planning and implementation activities; develop Board and Membership meeting agendas; Represent ICP to other organizations when requested.
Appointment: three years which is renewable.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Stipend: $5,000 per annum honorarium
Annual Review: conducted by the President and reported to the board
Location: US because ICP is a US-registered organization
Skills and Competencies:
- Doctoral degree in psychology or allied profession
- Governance Experience in international organizations
- Task oriented with attention to detail
- Good planning organizing skills
- Good communicator
- Good writing skills
- Access to and proficiency with a computer, printer, e-mail, excel databases, social media, communications software
- Experience with financial budgets
To apply: Please send a curriculum vitae with a letter stating why you are interested in the position and your qualifications. All applicants are welcomed. Consideration priority will be given to applicants who are or have been members of ICP, and those eligible to become a member.
Initial open period for applications: October 2-16. Position open until filled.