ICP Early Career/Student Conference Travel Grant
Application deadline is March 15, 2018
The ECP Conference Grant provides $500 to support a young scholar/researcher who is travelling from a distant or economically challenged region of the world to present a paper at the annual ICP conference.
The grant will be disbursed at the ICP conference and is made possible through a generous donation from Tokiwa University, Japan.
The ECP Conference Grant is open to students and early career scholars/researchers from distant or economically challenged regions of the world who will be traveling to the annual ICP conference, and who have made a submission to present a paper or workshop at the ICP conference.
- Student: graduate students or full-time undergraduate students who are actively working toward a degree or certificate in psychology or in an area of study that has a major emphasis on psychological aspects of a related field study.
- Early career scholars/researcher: individuals who have completed a graduate degree within the last seven (7) years in the field of psychology or an allied discipline that is affiliated with psychology.
- Distant region of the world: is identified each year by the ICP Conference Committee. For ICP2018 the definition is all locations more than 3500 miles from Montreal, Canada (see https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distance.html to calculate distance).
- Economically challenged regions of the world: all countries except those ranked by the World Bank as high income (see ranking)
- Grant recipients must be ICP members or ICP student affiliates at the time of award. Applications are invited from both ICP members and non-members.
Applications must be made online [LINK] and include the following information:
- Name, Email, Contact information for the applicant
- Copy of Conference Abstract Submission
- If a student: Description of the student’s program of study and how this presentation fits into that program;
If an ECP: description of the ECP’s program of research/scholarship
- Explanation of how the applicant meets the eligibility criteria;
- Statement from the applicant's institution recommending that the applicant attend the conference, and indicating other sources of support for attending the conference
- A resume or curriculum vita that provides information on the applicant’s academic background and scholarly or research aptitude.
Applications must be submitted online.
Deadline for application is March 15 2018, 5 pm EST.