Call for Abstracts Hawaii
Call for Abstracts Hawaii
71st Annual ICP Conference: Hawaii
Send Abstracts to Dr. Tara Pir, Chair of Scientific Program, email@example.com
Due Date: April 15, 2013
1. Presenter: o Student/Intern o Early Career o Professional
2. Select Theme: o Moving Towards Peaceful Intergroup Relationships o Reducing Stigma & Discrimination: A Worldview
o General Scientific Program
3. Select One Format: Please see below description for each format
- Individual Presentations: Paper Presentation: 15 minutes Poster Presentation: __ In-person __ In-Absentia
- Symposium: 1 Moderator/Chair, 3 Presenters. (90 minutes including: 15 minutes for introduction, 15 minutes allotted for each presenter, 30 minutes for discussion and Q & A)
o Round Table /Conversation Hour: 1 Hour
o Skill-Building Session: 1 hour
o CE Workshop: 2-4 hours
4. Abstract Requirements:
Presentation Title Word Count: Maximum of 100 characters including spaces
Print your name, highest degree, institution and e-mail address under the title.
Proposal Word Count: Maximum of 250 words (in electronic form ready to be copied/pasted or in a single PDF)
Computer Software: Word, Word Perfect or Plain Text. Font: Times New Roman, 12 point size
Language: Abstract and presentations will be considered ONLY in English.
5. Required technology:
Please bring your own Computer/Laptop/Tablet and/or Flash Drive
- Submission of proposal constitutes agreement to register for the conference, arrange for own travel and lodging, and to be present at the scheduled time and place for session. Letters of invitation will be provided.
- Program Chair and Scientific Committee will group proposals by category topics into thematic sessions in order to promote communication among presenters and to allow for inspiring discussions.
- Scientific Committee will notify the first author or moderator of acceptance and time of session within the overall program. Chair or moderator is to notify other participants in the session
- Please send your submission to the Scientific Program Chair, Dr. Tara Pir firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal Submission Format Definitions (ICP adopts APA definition)
A symposium is a focused session in which multiple participants present their views about a common theme, is-sue, or question. The moderator/chair will highlight the essential issues, integrate and moderate the Q&A and will not present in the symposium.
“A conversation hour is an informal discussion and inter-change of ideas between the audience and usually one or two presenters. Presenters are chosen for their expertise in a particular area of current interest to the members.”
“A skill-building session is based on teaching direct skills and application of theory to participants. Skill-building sessions combine theoretical and experiential approaches.”
Papers submitted to ICP will be grouped together per pro-gram theme by the scientific program chair. Paper presentations will be allotted a minimum of 15 minutes for oral presentation.
Poster sessions allow presenters and attendees to engage in extended discussions regarding the author’s presentation that is in illustrated format on a poster board.
In-Absentia Post Presentations – poster authors do not need to be in attendance or register to submit a poster proposal
You must demonstrate that your workshop meets the APA Standards and Criteria for Approval of Sponsors of Continuing Education for Psychologists. Workshop must cover a minimum of two learning objectives. Instruction for writing learning objectives will be provided.