77th Annual ICP Convention
June 12-13, 2019
University of Cádiz, Faculty of Labour Sciences
Theme: Human Rights, Dignity and Justice: From Knowlege to Aciton
In a world of growing economic inequality, global migration, refugee crises, and persistent human rights violations, the 2018 ICP theme addresses psychologists’ contributions to human well-being and resilience globally through our science, practice, and advocacy.
January 15, 2019 Early-Bird Submission Deadline
March 1, 2019 Final Submission Deadline
Types of Submission
Note: Sessions with an international focus, particularly where speakers represent different countries, will receive priority.
Symposium (55 Minutes)*
Session in which several participants present on a common topic or issue. A Chair of the symposium provides the context, up to 3 presenters provide papers (12 minutes), and may be followed by a discussant who provides an integrated perspective. There will be time for audience interaction. 55 Minutes.
Panel Discussion / Conversation Hour / Roundtable Dicsussion (55 Minutes)*
Session that permits significant presenter/audience interaction on a specific topic. Up to 6 Participants may present different aspects or perspectives about a theme or issue. 55 Minutes.
Papers (Paper session 55 minutes)
Individual presentation, 12 minutes. May be presentation of a research project, an initiative, or a review of an area. Papers will be grouped together into 4-paper sessions.
Workshop (55 minutes)
Skill-building or educational program that focuses on teaching techniques and skills about a specific topic or field.
Poster (Poster Session 55 minutes)
Presentation mounted on 3 x 4 foot poster board stand that provides new information on a given topic, such as the sharing of research findings. Sessions with authors present held at specific times. Poster presenters stand with their poster during the session.
To encourage participation by students (only) at the ICP meeting when they are not able to attend. Accepted In-Absentia posters should be printed to be mounted on 3 x 4 foot poster board and sent to the Congress organizers. Posters should provide new information on a given topic, such as the sharing of research findings. In-absentia poster submissions by graduate students will be automatically reviewed for the Dayan-O'Roark In Absentia Poster Award
Invited Submission (on receipt of invitation letter)
Plenary (55 minutes)
Invited plenary speakers will provide an overview of a topic related to the conference theme in a 55 minute session attended by all conference attendees.
Invited Paper (Invited Paper Session - 55 minutes)
Invited papers will be grouped into sessions of 3-speakers (15 minutes each) with time for audience questions
Directions for Submitting a Proposal
ALL PROPOSALS MUCH BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
For each proposal you will need:
- Type of Proposal: Symposium, Panel Discussion, Workshop, Poster
- Subitter Category: regular or invited
- Title of Presentation (no more than 10 words)
- 50-word (maximum) abstract for the program
- 250 Word (Maximum) abstract for the reviewers
- Conference Subtheme(s) related to presentation
- Name, Title, Affiliation and Email of the Principle Author or Chairperson submitting the proposal
- Names, Titles, Affiliations and emails of all participants and co-authors, including Discussant when relevant
- If you would like this program to be considered for Continuing Education credit (CE), submit 3 learning objectives.
- In addition to the 250 word session abstract, provide a 50-word abstract for each participant’s presentation.
- Provide a statement that each participant has agreed to attend and participate in the session.
- Provide up to 4 learning objectives.
Indicate any accommodations for a physical disability that would facilitate your participation.
All submissions must be made via the conftool web system: https://www.conftool.org/icp2019