The International Council of Psychologists (ICP) is seeking nominations for openings on its Board of Directors. Elected terms begin January, 2024.
Self nominations are welcomed.
- Director-at-Large (three openings for 3-year term each). Directors elected in 2023 will take office January 1, 2024 until December 31, 2026
- Student Director-at-Large (one opening for a 2-year term). The Director elected in 2023 will take office January 1, 2024-December 31, 2025
Duties of the ICP Directors-at-Large
General duties of the Board: Assume primary responsibility for the functioning and welfare of ICP; attend quarterly Board meetings; attend the annual ICP conference; review and vote on governance changes, policy statements, association policies, annual budget, convention proposals, council activities, committees, and workgroups
Each Director-at-Large is expected to carry out an ICP-wide initiative, chair a Standing or other Committee, or chair or otherwise lead other contributions as determined in collaboration with the President and Board of Directors. The Student Director-at-Large is responsible for maintaining contact with ICP student members, and forming a student-member committee to carry out student-related activities including but not limited to webinars, meet-and-greet opportunities, and maintaining a student section in the ICP Resources website.
Nominations Deadline: July 1, 2023
Ballots for the elections will be sent to all members on August 15, 2023, and elections will close on September 15, 2023. Elected positions will begin January 2024.
Please consider serving on the Board of ICP or nominating a colleague.
- Nominees must be current ICP Members/ICP Professional Affiliate Members in good standing or ICP Student Members in good standing (Discover ICP members are not eligible for election)
- We are interested in expanding our board with non-USA members, and welcome nominations from outside the USA. However, all nominations are welcome!
- Desired leadership qualities for nominees
- Ability to listen and analyze, as well as think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to consider multiple viewpoints, an international perspective, and work well with people individually and in a group.
- Ability to make decisions based on knowledge rather than opinion.
- Willingness to learn more about the Council, prepare for and attend quarterly virtual Board of Directors meetings, and take responsibility for assignments.
- Ability to work well with a group and abide by Board decisions – Board decisions are reached by consensus and vote
- Note – the working language of the ICP Board of Directors is English.
How to Nominate
Please complete the form below which asks for the following information:
- Contact Information for nominee and nominator if not a self-nomination.
- Nominee CV (word or PDF document).
- Nominations Statement (300 words maximum) statement including a statement of why nominee would be a good addition to the Board and their relevant experience.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org)