The International Council of Psychologists (ICP) is seeking nominations for ICP President-Elect. Elected terms begin January, 2023.
Terms of office*
It is anticipated that the president-elect chosen in 2022 will assume office in January 2023 for a 2-year term as President-Elect, followed by a 2-year term as President.
*the 2022 ballot will include an item requesting bylaws changes that change the terms of office from 1 year (current) to 2 years to promote stability and continuity. This bylaws change was recommended by the Board of Directors and will be open to a vote by ICP members.
Duties of the President-Elect and President
The President Elect is a member of the Board of Directors, serves as Chair of the Long-Range Planning Committee (strategic planning), and on the conference organizing committee, and chairs the Local Organizing Committee if the conference is in person. The President-Elect becomes President at their term’s end.
The duties of the President are to serve as the Chairperson of the Board for ICP and leader of ICP in carrying out ICP’s vision and strategic plan. The President serves as Chair of the Annual ICP Conference and organizing committee, is ex officio member of ICP committees, works with the Treasurer to oversee the ICP budget, and represents ICP as needed. Following their term as President, the individual serves as Past President and oversees the nominations and elections process.
Nominations Deadline: October 1, 2022
All ICP members may submit nominations.
Ballots for the elections will be sent to all members on October 15, 2022, and elections will close on November 1,, 2022. Elected positions will begin January 2022.
- Nominees must be current Regular Members of ICP in good standing. Discover ICP members, Professional Affiliate , and Student Members are not eligible for election.
- Desired Leadership Qualities for Nominees
- Ability to listen and analyze, as well as think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to consider multiple viewpoints, an international perspective, and work well with people individually and in a group.
- Ability to make decisions based on knowledge rather than opinion.
- Note – the working language of the ICP Board of Directors is English.
How to Nominate
Please complete the form below which asks for the following information:
- Contact Information for nominee and nominator if not a self-nomination
- Nominee CV (word or PDF document)
- Brief (300 words maximum) statement of why nominee would serve ICP well as President Elect and President
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Nominations and Elections Committee chair Mary Beth Kenkel